[OM] Re: V8 shoehorning; was Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: V8 shoehorning; was Selling out
From: "Jim Sharp" <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:13:30 -0500
In the 70's a guy named Russ Collins built a top fuel bike using a V8 made by
splicing two 750cc honda 4's together. This bike was the first to run over
200mph in the quarter mile. Russ started his company, RC Engineering, on April
fools day so it's fitting his work singlehandedly killed the top fuel
motorcycle class in the US. He got of the bike at least once at fairly high
speed. Calling him nuts underestimated him by at least 1/2...

--
Jim