[OM] Re: Zuikoholics meeting at Hombroich - pictures, first part (soc

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuikoholics meeting at Hombroich - pictures, first part (social)
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 20:39:15 -0400
I'm late getting around to replying. The images were in some cases
cropped and then down-sized to fit on the web. No other processing
was done.

And I just purchased a C5060 for the improved performance, mostly
for doing some underwater photography. The C-5050 is just too slow
underwater. With the housing it is not possible for me to do a half
depress of the shutter. Also there is a housing for the FL-20 flash.

There is a far bit of noise at iso-400 with the 5050. But it is a tradeoff
that is OK for certain situations.

Thanks for the praise Doro and others. These were taken at the
Cirque Du Soleil, cameras were forbidden, no flash, auto-focus assist,
manual focus at infinity, ... and yes, that little optical viewfinder has much
to be desired, but panning with no blackout.

Sometimes the mode dial would change on me, it was dark and I
missed some good shots. I like that the E-1 mode dial locks.

Wayne