[OM] Re: Digital PS problem, was Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital PS problem, was Selling out
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:07:32 -0400
on 2004/08/04 7:28 AM, Chris Barker at ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I can see that, now Walt has succumbed, I shall be one of the last
> bastions (can a person be a bastion?) against the move to digital, if
> only on the basis of initial outlay against longevity ;-)

Well, I'm a bastion again for the moment. My Olympus D100 P&S gave up the
ghost while on vacation in Scotland. One day I opened it, and instead of the
usual cheerful noises as the lens moves around, it grunted in an alarming
manner, then displayed
 D:
   1E10

Playback and downloading seem to work, so perhaps this is a mechanical lens
motion problem. If only someone would invent a camera with a lens you could
move with your fingers...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew