[OM] OT TR-6, was Selling out

Subject: [OM] OT TR-6, was Selling out
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:05:26 +0100
One in the garage?  Now I am really envious!  A colleague of mine came
back from Gulf War 1 at the age of 51, separated from his wife (it had
been on the cards for a while I gather) and bought himself a LHD TR6
from California (in good nick presumably because of the lack of rain?).
  He had it converted, successfully, to RHD.  That car is still running,
beautifully, up in Lincolnshire.  With the right treatment these cars
go for ages.  Another colleague, back in 1976, tuned his to 200bhp with
an SAH kit and managed to break a half-axle dropping the clutch.  Mind
you, he did that with a Land Rover so perhaps he had a heavy right foot
;-)  He was GM of Boeing Defence UK when last I saw him.

Chris (doesn't do monkey anything any more ...)

On 4 Aug 2004, at 22:56, Walt Wayman wrote:

> Clutch?  We didn't have no stinkin' clutch!  There was no practical
> way to mate the Chevy V-8 to the Triumph OD tranny, so besides
> stuffing in the engine, we shoved in a 4-speed automatic.  Had to
> shorten the driveshaft and move some brake lines and exhaust pipes and
> rearrange the interior a little bit, but it fit.  Just way too much
> torque for the back end.  It was an old, beat-up TR-6 anyway.  The
> good one is in the garage downstairs.
>
> Walt, master of monkey wrenches

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker