[OM] CS and tutorials, was C-5060 -- Impressions

Subject: [OM] CS and tutorials, was C-5060 -- Impressions
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:11:10 +0100
I agree.  CS was worth the upgrade, and I am still a tyro.  I am still
miffed at the functionality of the JPEG2000 plug-in.  It takes about a
minute before you get to the dialogue box to select your options!

By the way, Marrutt (www.marutt.com) market video tutorials for a load
of software; under the investor-in-people umbrella, my employer (HM
Queen) has paid for me to have a year's licence to use their videos
online (you cannot save them to disk).  I am about 10% through the CS
one; it is good and I am looking forward to the ones on slices and
layers.

Chris
p.s. for British taxpayers, I had to pay for 20% of the cost ;-) cb
On 4 Aug 2004, at 22:10, Moose wrote:

> Adobe used to have plug-in raw conversion for PS7 at least, but it
> seems
> to have disappeared when CS came out. If I were Adobe I'd probably do
> the same thing, or start charging for the plu-in for older versions.
> I've moved from 5.5 LE to 6, 7 and now CS over the last few years.
> Although the upgrade prices have irked me a bit, I'll have to say that
> the breadth and depth of function has increased with each release, and
> several things have become much easier to do, with CS being a big bump
> up.
>
> Moose

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker