[OM] Re: Could somebody tell me what has been done with this image...

Subject: [OM] Re: Could somebody tell me what has been done with this image...
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:13:45 -0400
It looks like someone used too much of a noise reduction program like Neat
Image or Noise Ninja.  If you over-process a digital image with these products,
the result, especially on skin, is a very "plasticy" look, much like a
mannequin or a plastic doll.

I'm a firm believer that too many people think that every image should be
perfect and noise/grain free, otherwise it's somehow degraded.  So too many
people over-process their digital images.  If the light is low, something has
got to give to get good pictures; you've either got to increase the light level
(flash or lights), increase the sensitivity of the film/sensor (higher ISO), or
get more of the existing light to the film/sensor (faster lens or longer
exposure).  There juse isn't any other way to get the picture.

Skip