[OM] Re: CS and tutorials, was C-5060 -- Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: CS and tutorials, was C-5060 -- Impressions
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:19:02 -0400
Camera Raw 1 is still available for Photoshop 7, as a free upgrade, if I
remember right.  But CR2, with it's additional functionality, better quality,
and support for the latest cameras, is ONLY available on CS.  And the current
position is that Adobe WILL NOT be retrofitting CR2's features to older,
PS7-compatible CR1.  I guess the development costs and return on investment
were poor.  The price in R&D to keep adding new functionality to an old code
base can be exorbitantly expensive.

CS is so good, and the price is reasonable, that the upgrade was a no-brainer
for me.

Skip