[OM] Re: [OT] Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Digital
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:52:02 -0400
Cc: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Go over to dpreview and read the threads on this exact question on the
Nikon SLR, Canon D300, Canon DSLR, and Olympus SLR forums.  The
300D/D70/10D/E-1 debate rages on, and on, and on.  Each forum will offer
it's own biases and religion.

> If you can't spring $1600-1700 for an E-1 with the 14-54/2.8-3.5 lens
(28-108 equiv), and you have to have a kit, then I'd consider the D70; it's
lens is much better than the 300D's.  If you don't need a kit, there are
other lens options.  But for a business use, I'd consider the E-1 before the
other two, lower-end cameras.

> Skip

Skip,

I'm sorry, but the D70 isn't a 'lower-end' camera. I would put it up against
the E-1 on absolutely any measure and, particularly based on the breadth of
the system, the D70 would win many, if not all, of the comparisons.  I like
the E-1 and respect the decision, but you're just wrong on this one.

Tom