[OM] Re: 35RC rangefinder adjustment

Subject: [OM] Re: 35RC rangefinder adjustment
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:52:21 -0400
The adjustment found underneath the screw on the film plane is for rf
infinity only.  There is another adjustment inside for (I think) a closer
setting like 9 feet.  I've never adjusted that one, it is factory set.  Once
you disturb it you may not get it back.  A number on the focus ring should
not be confused with a real distance in setting up the rf. Lens infinity
must be set first with a collimator, then you set infinity on the
rangefinder.  There's also an up-down adjustment.
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane,
Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,