[OM] Re: cleaning negatives

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning negatives
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:12:53 +0800
N*kon ICE with N*kon Scan is not good for Kodachromes, especially in high
contrast area the bright white will migrate to the black. Vuescan is much
better but cleaning is not as effective as N*kon scan and the color accuracy
is not as good, need some tunning. I just finished a job of 50 slides which
came from the 1960's, around 20 slides were Kodachromes, I need to switch
between N*kon Scan and Vuescan to get the best reuslts with minimum effort.

C.H.Ling