[OM] Re: Weight loss

Subject: [OM] Re: Weight loss
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:55:31 -0700 (PDT)
> 2 OM-1Ns
> 24/2.8
> 35/2
> 50/1.4
> Tamron 90/2.5 macro
> 200/4
> Vivitar macro focusing 2x tele-converter

Lose the 50/1.4, swap the 85/2 for the Tamron, get a 2-element
close-up lens and lose the tele-converter.

The 135mm is actually the halfway point between 100mm and 200mm
so compared to the 85/2 it's almost double the focal length.  If
weight is a real concern, I'd use the 135/3.5 instead of the
200/4, but I like the 200/4 too much to leave home.

If I was really trying to keep weight down, I'd use the 24/2.8,
35/2, 85/2 and 135/3.5.  I personally prefer the 35mm to the
50mm as a "normal" lens.  Why bother with the 50mm?  The 24mm
and 35mm are substantially different in coverage and the 24mm is
small, so I wouldn't leave that behind.

If you wanted the best possible kit, put the 35/2 on one camera
body and the 85/2 on the other, pack plenty of film and the
2-element close-up lens in the bag and go.  Leave everything
else behind.  It really doesn't get any better than this.
You'll be amazed at how much better the photographs are when you
are free from having to make equipment decisions.  Two cameras,
one lens each, same film.

AG-Schnozz

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail