[OM] Re: cleaning negatives with ICE

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning negatives with ICE
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 07:57:33 -0400
Piers,
I must have missed the earlier part of this discussion but I was a bit
startled when I saw your fungus scrubbed Kodachromes.  For one, I've
always heard that ICE doesn't work on Kodachromes and two, I had no idea
that ICE could "fix" the area under large fungus patches as your images
show.

I have a lot of fungus damaged Kodachrome 64 images from the 60's and
70's that I'd love to recover.  What scanner are you using?  Do you
think the scanner matters here or do you think all of the ICE
implementations have similar capabilities?

Thanks,
Chuck Norcutt