[OM] Re: Alderton Northamptonshire #1 ( 3 shots )

Subject: [OM] Re: Alderton Northamptonshire #1 ( 3 shots )
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 07:20:00 -0500
At 10:52 PM 8/6/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Has anybody noticed what has happened here...?
>
>First the 'Graham Battison' collective was exposed for creating in PhotoShop
>achingly beautiful fantasies of a pastoral English countryside, and not to
>be outdone a competing PhotoShop created fantasy land is being bandied about
>by a new interloper who has adopted the moniker of Joel Wilcox (probably
>without Joel's permission).
>
>To further increase this rivalry, the new 'Joel Wilcox' claims to be
>achieving these astounding and incredible images 1) using 'consumer-grade'
>point-and-shoot cameras on occasion or 2) using a digital camera, albeit a
>5MP model.

All film so far!  The collective has not assimilated digital yet.

>Its plain to see that the Olympus list is once again being bamboolzed by yet
>another computer-created perfection land, this time purported to be "Iowa,
>USA". Let me tell you this, I've driven through Iowa, USA  and this is no
>Iowa, USA...! (more than one time, and each time it felt like forever... but
>there was less corn and more hills than I expected... )

Your problem is that you were in Illinois.  ;^)

Thanks for looking just the same!  I think that approaching storm photo was
shot around the middle of June, so the corn was just getting
started.  Corn's big now but I'm not sure how well it's doing this
year.  It likes rotten, hot, and humid weather.  It's been too pleasant
here most of the summer.  I'm on vacation right now and had been kicking
myself that we hadn't worked out travel plans ahead of all the kids' camps
and activities.  Now I'm feeling mighty smug about it.

Joel W.