[OM] Re: Mediachance CleanskinFX and the mannequin look (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Mediachance CleanskinFX and the mannequin look (OT)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 08:36:05 -0400
I gave this thing a try a long time ago but was pretty disappointed at
what it did to the rest of the image beyond the skin.  If there was a
built-in means of masking its effects on other parts of the image I
don't remember it.

You can do much better by applying a guassian blur to just the skin
areas of importance while protecting the eyes, nose, ears, lips and
teeth with a mask or whatever method is appropriate for your editor.  If
using Picture Window, for example, I create a blurred copy of the
original image and then use a soft clone tool to slowly blend the
blemished skin areas from the blurred image back onto the original.

Also make sure you do this after sharpening the image or else use the
inverse of the skin cleaning mask to control sharpening.  Not much sense
in trying to sharpen something you just blurred.

Chuck Norcutt