[OM] Re: [OT] Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Digital
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 10:21:13 -0400
Ahh, so we have some insight here. Those metal cars are the best!
Interesting that you grew up to fancy cameras while others fancied the
bigger V-8's. I have my toys as well. And as long as there is still fun
to be had with them, that is what counts. I know the E-1 will
eventually be replaced and become obsolete; but I still think people
are extrapolating too much from the rapid change from 1.3mp -> 2mp ->
4mp -> 5... on up, believing there is no end in sight. I still think
there is a threshold at about 5mp-8mp that covers a lot of photography
needs. And there are performance gains still to be made even if the
pixel count does not go up. There is something about the feel of a
camera that inspires, quality versus quantity. Who really knows from
where creativity flows.

Wayne - still questing after the nature of memory