[OM] Re: Reply to Wayne S Re: Digital and storage

Subject: [OM] Re: Reply to Wayne S Re: Digital and storage
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 23:37:49 +0800
For events that need quick shooting I think you may not need ultimate
quality, SHQ JPEG could be fine.

BTW, I'm heading to a 2 weeks Europe trip starting from Aug 16. I only have
a 1GB Lexar and a 256MB Ultra II, I believe 90-110 shots (on E-1) a day is
good enough for me. I handle the storage problem by purchased a Samsung Q20
notebook which has a 40GB HD (weight around 1.3Kg). With more than 30GB net
space it is more than enough for the whole trip (you can zip the RAW too,
which is around 7MB each). I will not invest too much on cards as they are
still very expensive at this moment. Half a dozen of 2GB card is more
expensive than a decent notebook.

OM contents: I will also bring my trusty OM4 and some Zuikos for the trip,
the preliminary list will be:

OM4 loaded with Velvia 100F
16/3.5
21/2
40/2
35-105/3.5-4.5 1st version
135/2.8

XA loaded with Fuji Superia 200.

My young son will take the C5050, still thinking of what for the elder son,
even he is not so interest on photography I may still let him to try a 2n.
I don't want my sons like the digital newbies, who don't even know what
aperture is.

C.H.Ling