[OM] Re: dead of Cartier-Bressson

Subject: [OM] Re: dead of Cartier-Bressson
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 21:07:20 -0500
Been out of the loop for a number of days at a funeral . . .

Cartier-Bresson used a variety if L*ica's.

Robert Capa used a pre-war Contax II through WWII and beyond although he
also picked up a Nikon RF at some point after WWII.  When he died in French
Indochina (now Viet Nam) in 1954 (stepped on a land mine), he had the
Contax II and a Nikon RF around his neck.  Capa also used a pre-war
Rolleiflex TLR . . . he landed on D-Day with his Contax II and Rolleiflex.

-- John Lind