[OM] Film Scanner Question

Subject: [OM] Film Scanner Question
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 22:59:06 -0400
Hey, I'm gradually moving in the direction of buying a film scanner,
and I have a question for those of you who use them:

Is it easy to scan a 35mm frame all the way to its edges and beyond?
Or do you lose a little bit of border around the image? I love the
accuracy of the OM viewfinder, and tend to frame things tight to the
edges.

Any sub-$500 model that people are particularly happy with? (I'd want
to use FireWire or USB 2.0 and scan into a mac laptop.)

thanks,

  -- Ross

"Do something foolish once, and it's a mistake.
  Do it repeatedly and it's a philosophy."