[OM] T32 flash troubles

Subject: [OM] T32 flash troubles
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 20:00:38 -0700 (PDT)
Today the charge light indicator stopped working on my T32 flash. So I
thought to myself, "no big deal, I can tell when it's fully charged by
the light in the viewfinder."  Wrong, apparently when it doesn't work
on the flash, it won't work in the OM-4t viewfinder.  The flash seems
to fully charge as the batteries are new and it discharges when the
test button is pushed. Oh well, I have a feeling this minor problem
will become annoying after a while. I took the unit apart (and yes, I
discharged the cap with a screwdriver) and it looks like replacing the
bulb may not be that difficult if that is all that is wrong. Has anyone
ever attempted this?  Does anyone know whether this bulb can be
purchased at Radio Shack?

If I get totally disgusted with the flash, can anyone recommend another
unit that would be similar to the T32 in function but made by another
manufacturer so I can purchase it new?  This unit was purchased used
and lasted all of 3 months. :(

Thanks,
Richard Lovison

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail