[OM] Re: Film Scanner Question

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Scanner Question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 20:15:16 -0700
Handling different formats are the little thing that you don't see
discussed much. I have a Polaroid 120 and its preprogrammed scans
governed by the cut out notch in the film carrier are mixed. There is
no problem with slides. It gets the whole slide. But if you use film
strips either 35mm or 120, the image spacing varies because of image
size variance due to difference angles of light from the lens. And
different cameras will vary image spacing as well. So if, like mine,
the scan length is dependent on a preprogrammed length you can get into
difficulties of spacing and edges by the last frame in the holder.
There are clumsy work arounds like removing the carrier and shifting
the film and reinserting. PITA. And some people take a panorama carrier
and just cut up the images in Photoshop.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA