[OM] Re: C-5060 Photos

Subject: [OM] Re: C-5060 Photos
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:07:24 +0100
Hi Joel

The photo of the church looks good on my monitor, perfect even; it
looks like a lovely peaceful place.  Worship outdoors has always been
one of my favourites, by the way.

On looking at the image of the ATC again, it does not appear OTT any
longer.  It was perhaps the combination of oranges, reds and almost
fluorescent greens that made me think it was over-sturated initially.
I think I agree with your assessment of "it's not what I'm used to
...", rather than OTT.
:-)

Chris

On 8 Aug 2004, at 20:50, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> Hey Chris,
>
> At 07:23 PM 8/7/2004 +0100, Chris Barker you wrote:
>
>> Pretty good Joel!  The building shot seems to have exaggerated colour
>> to me, although I am prepared to believe that my monitor is set
>> differently.
>
> On your monitor be so kind as to compare the greens here:
>
>   http://soli.inav.net/~jdub/day/5060.html
>
> to here:
>
>   http://soli.inav.net/~jdub/day/day05.html
>
> I do think the 5060 shot is a little OTT in saturation, but I spent a
> bit
> of time today looking long and hard at the greens at the park where we
> had
> an outdoor service this morning.  I actually think, but for the
> saturation,
> the green of the 5060 shot is a little more accurate than is generally
> captured on the film I use.  I'm not sure that I like it, and it's not
> what
> I'm used to, but that's a different issue.
>
> Have to think about it some more ...
>
> Joel W.

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker