[OM] France/Tour de France Photographs

Subject: [OM] France/Tour de France Photographs
From: "Dean Tyler" <dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:07:45 -0400
Here are some photographs I took while in France last month.  I thought I
would do something different (for me) and convert Provia slides to B&W.
There area some pictures from the Tour for any enthusiasts.  There are a few
Paris pictures, but I spared us all the Eiffel Tower pictures (there is one
gargoyle shot, not great but I think it was a fairly successful use of fill
flash).  All shots were taken with an OM-2n or OM-2s.  Before the trip, I
purchased a 50-250mm zoom from Tom Scales and I have to say it is a very
nice lens.  It is as sharp as my 200mm or 300mm.  It is slow, but focuses
easily.  My only wish would be better close focusing at 50mm.  While viewing
the final stage of the Tour in Paris, I was surrounded by digital SLRs.
>From viewing their pictures, I was just as successful with an OM-2n,
MD-1/18v and the 50-250mm.  This was my first time to photograph bicycle
racing.  There were going over 40 mph so it was rather difficult.
Nonetheless, everyone loved hearing the MD-1 clicking away (except maybe for
the people with video cameras who will have live with the sound for
eternity!)

I have not posted many pictures online, so any comments are appreciated!

Thanks,

Dean

http://www.pbase.com/veggie_dean/france_bw