[OM] OM707 film advance

Subject: [OM] OM707 film advance
From: "Ian Manners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 03:00:56 +1000 (EST)
Hi everyone

Got myself an OM707 to add to my collection today, on testing it has one
problem.

No film in the camera, display shows the nofilm which is good, put the
film in and it seems to do a film advance automatically everytime
the camera is turned off then back on again.

Developed a test roll has shown what I suspected.

Everytime I turn the camera on, it advances the film a frame without
taking a shot, but the display shows the film is loaded ok. This results
in a lot of wasted film obviously !

The negs show the blank frames between my test photos, and between
neg 12 and 16 are all blank, where I turned the camera on and off a few
times.

The film is winding ok when first put in.

Now obviously the cartridge sensor is working ok, and the ASA has
been correctly set by the camera as the photos have excellent color,
contrast, and the negs look great. Anyone have an idea of what, or
where to look as to what would be causing the film to advance each
time the camera is turned on ?

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/photo/