[OM] Re: C-5060 Photos

Subject: [OM] Re: C-5060 Photos
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:08:42 -0500
Thanks for confirming, Earl.  It appears that if one is going to hold the
highlights with this camera, the greens in particular are apt to be very
saturated in a high contrast situations.  I've experimented with setting
saturation in the camera to -1 all of the time, but it's not pleasing for
"normal" shots.  I've had better luck just selectively reducing saturation
of green in post-processing.

Interestingly, the problem is less significant in 8-bit mode shots.  The
raw, 16-bit captures are worse -- in this one respect.

Thanks again for looking.

Joel W.