[OM] Re: Olympus repairs in the UK

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus repairs in the UK
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:35:45 +0100
I can wholeheartedly recommend Luton Camera Repair in (of all places) Luton.
Haven't used Bristol branch.  Since Olympus have pulled out of the market,
they do the OM servicing for Olympus in UK and much of Europe. They have
good spares stock and know their stuff. I have a quote for refurbishment of
an OM1 in front of me - CLA, replace self timer, replace battery compartment
and recalibrate for SR44 1.5v amounting to GBP84.60.

I have also used Photographic Equipment Repairs in Jersey, though not for a
couple of years, and not for Olympus (and I didn't know he was OM-trained).
He is a one-man band, so you actually get to talk to the tech, and when you
do get talking, he has some interesting cameras under the counter (his Reid
was a beauty to behold!). A bit cheaper than Luton, but not that much (and
Jersey has since introduced VAT so it will be more now). He has some second
hand for sale, but stock varies wildly, and is often in poor condition, but
can be exotic (Corfield Periflex, anybody?).

I think either of them would qualify as central Southern England (you can
fly to Jersey from Shoreham now).

Piers