[OM] Re: [Offlist] Re: Olympus repairs in the UK

Subject: [OM] Re: [Offlist] Re: Olympus repairs in the UK
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:35:59 -0300
Hi John,

Thanks for answering.
May I ask you some questions regarding these washers?
Using //olympus.dementia.org/Hardware, fig 5/6 of OM-1_1of4.pdf, there are
the following numbered washers: CA9075, CA9088, CA9111, NWLB-230U0.
Only CA9075 is outside camera body, between ST lever and counterclockwise
screw CA9071. Which is the inner washer you are referring to?
In my case, I didn't find lever too tight, but it unscrewed CA9071 easily
when gently pushed to straight stop position as this is a clockwise
movement.
Fortunately, Olympus authorized service center here at Mvd put the missing
washer in place and set lever straight, which is running now 4 and 12 sec.
before shutter release, as expected.
Before doing this repair, lever did go all the way to 6 o'clock position but
rised quickly, fired at 6 sec and then the spring wound out before reaching
straight stop position. The clicking sound normally heard at about 9:00 -
10:00 was heard at about 7:00 - 8:00.
Everything is working as it should now, but this ST mechanism doesn't feel
as sturdy as the one my other OM-2 ST does.
Since this is my first faulty ST mechanism, I felt quite surprised.
Moreover, I use it quite frequently and its more flimsy feeling gets me
nervous... :-)

Best regards,

Fernando.