[OM] Re: Spirit levels.

Subject: [OM] Re: Spirit levels.
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:51:52 -0400

John Hudson wrote:

>I have bought a couple of rather expensive shoe mounted spirit levels for
>use in tripod mounted OM4T, Leica M3 and Mamiya R7II.bodies.
>
>Frankly, the results were little better if any than having used careful
>estimation

This got me curious. . . I just set up a tripod and carefully
levelled the top with a carpenter's level (known good). Then I put a
Shoe 4 onto an OM-2n and checked the level of the flash shoe. Not
very good. Definitely nose down, and a little wonky side to side too.

I suppose people say the same thing about me, though!

  -- Ross

"Do something foolish once, and it's a mistake.
  Do it repeatedly and it's a philosophy."