[OM] Re: Minolta Dimage Dual II

Subject: [OM] Re: Minolta Dimage Dual II
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:50:39 -0600
I've got a Scan Dual II, and I've been quite happy with it.  If all you
want to do is make a catalog, then I agree with Moose that a flatbed is
the better choice, but if you do want to print your scans, then I'd say
the SD II would be better.  I've printed pictures up to 24" x 24" with
very good results.  The newer SD models do have some additional
features, so you might want to look into that, since they're not
terribly expensive either.  The SD II (and III and IV, I think) can
batch scan a strip of 6 negatives or 4 mounted slides (or an entire
roll of APS film with the optional adapter), but the unmounted film
holder is a bit fiddly to load unless your film is absolutely flat.

Mark