[OM] Re: freezing film

Subject: [OM] Re: freezing film
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:32:50 -0700
I have heard the argument that freezing might somehow damage film
because of crystaliization, but I used to freeze mine and never
observed any problem nor have I ever heard anyone with any first hand
experience with any complaint. I stopped using the freezer because I
saw some stats one time that the extension of shelf life for film was
not much different whether it was frozen or just refrigerated. I have
less room in my freezer. So I keep the plastic bagged film inside a
plastic food box with a good seal in the main part of the refrigerator.

Just balance what you buy against what is happening in your market
place. If they don't sell it they will stop processing it.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA