[OM] Re: Digital vs. Film discussions REQUEST TO DSLR USERS

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital vs. Film discussions REQUEST TO DSLR USERS
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:51:20 +0800
The scale are of course different as they are directly from scan and DC. You
need to up sample the DC image to make a good compare of the difference:

http://www.accura.com.hk/film1.jpg
http://www.accura.com.hk/10D1.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/film2.jpg
http://www.accura.com.hk/10D2.jpg

You can see the film images are finer and the metel rod diameter is more
accurate reproduced. Beside details, accurate reproduction of subject size
(proportion) is also important, I consider there is distortion on the DC
image which is not nice to see. The Chinese characters on the film image is
also more clear and sharp.

C.H.Ling