[OM] Re: What if...

Subject: [OM] Re: What if...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:37:41 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2004 7:02:37 AM Central Standard Time,
wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
...you were just starting out in photography, no "legacy" film bodies,
lenses, etc.

Would you go analogue (film) or digital ?

For must of us the guestion gets a bit more complicated than analogue or
digital, given that one also needs to factor in a computer, printer and
software.
Regardless of which way one was to go, I think the ability to manually set
shutter and aperture would be essential.

Now the answer to the question.  Digital

And the answer to the unasked question.  Canon

And the explaination from one who has an e-1, 11-22mm, 14-54mm, 50-200mm &
50mm macro and a few other gizmos and gadgets and is quite pleased with the
didgtal Olympus kit.  Although my kit is adequate for my current needs/wants,
Canon has a depth and breadth of cameras, lenses and accessories that is
unmatched
by any other manufacturer.  They also are unquestionably committed to the
system and to being in the business of producing professional digital imaging
products.

In no way do I regret purchasing the e-1 system and I'm having a blast with
it.  Instant gradification is great. Buying your film once and using it over
and over again is great.  Printing your own enlargements for a fraction of what
a pro-lab charges is great.  Having the ability to use many of your OM lenses
and accessories is great.

Bill Barber