[OM] Re: Any comments on E-1 and microdrives?

Subject: [OM] Re: Any comments on E-1 and microdrives?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:54:35 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2004 1:10:48 AM Central Standard Time,
mhobart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have seen a few remarks
from people using them (via Google) but I would like to hear more opinions.

Can't answer your question about microdrives, however I've noticed the price
of CF cards coming down a bit and they don't have the inherent problems of
care associated with the microdrive.  I have two 1 gig cards and I can't
imagine
being in many situations where that would be anything less than adequate.
That is especially true is one has a means to download them while on a shoot.
My
solution is a laptop, however there are many others which are significantly
cheaper than that.  Bill Barber