[OM] Re: Poilhes la Romaine, Canal du Midi, was Welford Northants

Subject: [OM] Re: Poilhes la Romaine, Canal du Midi, was Welford Northants
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:46:50 +0100
Thanks Joel.  It was dusk, but I know what you mean.  We were returning
from a forage in the village and you can just about see my wife and 2
sons descending the staircase to the quay.

That holiday, the last we had with our 2 sons (and we suspected it
would be as we started it), was magical.  We started in a wine-making
region and we went through a fair number over 10 days.  Most of the
canal is in the shade of avenues of trees, the wine and food are
wonderful and the weather was great.

Chris

On 15 Aug 2004, at 14:33, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> Nice Chris.  I like the awakening sky in that shot.  (It looks like
> something's awakening anyway ...)
>
> Joel W.
>
> At 08:17 AM 8/15/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> Lovely scene Graham!
>>
>> I have tried to persuade my wife to take a holiday in a narrowboat,
>> but
>> she recalls the amount of space we had in a 12-ton monster on the
>> Canal
>> du Midi:
>>
>> http://www.threeshoes.co.uk/temp/canal.htm
<|_:-)_|>