[OM] Re: Workshop, was: Custom Camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Workshop, was: Custom Camera
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:24:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2004 12:40:06 PM Central Standard Time, om4t@xxxxxxxx
writes:
>...  I
>attended a workshop done by Julia Cameron a couple of weekends ago at Omega
>at The Crossings,

How was the workshop?

\A/yne

Well, let me start by saying The Crossings is a wonderful facility,
overlooking the lake, with good food service, clean, comfortable rooms,
wonderful
hiking trails, superb meditation facility, spa, pool and facilities for
workshops
of all sorts. Check them out at www.thecrossingsaustin.com .

Julia was excellent as she was presenting material she has become well known
for presenting.  The workshop, which took place over a weekend, was great and
should give one a taste of what is available by working through her "The
Artist's Way" book.  Earlier is the year, I did a 12 week workshop on based on
her
book, so some of what we covered was ground I had previously plowed.

She is doing a one day workshop at the church I attend in November, so if
anyone is in Houston and has an interest, you can check it out at
www.unityhouston.org .

I guess the answer to your question would most appropriately go like this:
1) Read the book.
2) Attend a workshop done by Julia or someone else based on her book.
3) Find or start a group of creatives in your area who are working through
this book or one of her others.

Guess that about does it.  Bill Barber