[OM] Re: Bird-scoping!

Subject: [OM] Re: Bird-scoping!
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:54:50 -0400
Cc: jom@xxxxxxxxxxx
I haven't needed anything since I bought my Swarovski AT80 years ago, but the
best birding scopes, excepting the astronomical crossovers from Questar and
TeleVue, are from Kowa, Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski, Optolyth, Bausch & Lomb,
Pentax, and Nikon.  Most major makers offer something in the 50-60mm objective
size and another model in the 80mm range.  Many also have ED/Apo glass
alternatives of either or both lines.

Try here: http://betterviewdesired.com/

I'm sure that there are some other good sites.  Check out the birding community
for more info.

FYI, don't expect to get stellar results from a camera on a birding scope.

Skip