[OM] Re: What if...

Subject: [OM] Re: What if...
From: "Evan Ruff" <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:34:03 -0400
I was reading an article on Anandtech about how the next great breakthrough
is going to be the dual/quad core chips. It actually got me pretty excited.
The point of the article was about how moving from a 1.5GHz to a 2gHz to a
4gHz makes all of your tasks finishes faster, but the snappiness of the
computer really isn't any better than a 900mHz Pentium running Win95.
(Although it's a heck of a lot more stable)

That's all going to change with the dual/quad core designs. Imagine scanning
a negative in the background on core1, downloading the TOPE19 archive on
core2, adjusting the levels on your latest E2 shot on core3 and reading the
list on core4, with zero degradation of *snappiness*.

sounds hot,
Evan