[OM] Re: What's in a name - really OT

Subject: [OM] Re: What's in a name - really OT
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:53:49 -0500
My wife worked for many years in the Neonatal (infant) Intensive Care Unit
at the county hospital here in Dallas.  Besides being the best place to
survive a trauma (lots of experience with car wrecks and knife/gun wounds),
it was also where many lower income women went to have their deliveries.
Oh, the names she saw!  Often as not, the nurse would have to invent the
spelling since the families couldn't.  But the most pathetic were the
infants named after the equipment in the nursery, like "Isoletta", after the
incubation/isolation chamber the premature infants were placed in.