[OM] Re: What's in a name - really OT

Subject: [OM] Re: What's in a name - really OT
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:46:13 -0700
At 11:32 AM 8/16/2004, you wrote:

>I thought that was an early postwar BMW, the Isoletta 300, named for
>the fact that only two slender people or one hefty burgher could fit
>inside.  :-)

I believe that was the Isetta.  We had a guy that had one in out Air Force
squadron.  He pulled it into a downtown parking lot in Ft. Worth and told
the attendant that he needed to park it himself.  The attendant, wanting to
play with it a little, insisted on parking it himself.  When the owner came
back two hours later, the attendant was still sitting in the Isetta, parked
nose in against a brick wall.  He did not how to get the darned thing in
reverse and couldn't get the front opening door open.  Just a little humor
here.
Paul in Portland OR