[OM] OM Sales Statistics for eB*y Germany

Subject: [OM] OM Sales Statistics for eB*y Germany
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:14:23 +0200
Hi folks,

> Ing. Radovan Faltus wrote:
> > I do eB*y statistics for nearly
> > all OM and OM related equipment since more than 2
> > years and covered more than 13000 [yes, thirteenthousand]
> > transactions. Again: all related to eB*y Germany)
>
> Would be great if you could share it.

I'll gladly do. Please understand that I do not publish
the entire list. But whenever someone wonders at what
price a certain OM related item sells at eB*y Germany:
Just ask.

I cover OM, Zuiko, XA, IS, mju, some odds like Ecru,
O-product; M*tz flashes. No digital!

Again: I stat most sales since about two years (some
may have slipped through). I keep the "last" 160 sales
on items having high sales frequencies. I skip extremes
where working status may be unclear, when defective,
or otherwise suspiciously described. I note no. of sales,
minimum, maximum, average and standard deviation.
All prices are EURO.
Examples: Zuiko 40/2.0
          sales 25, min 227, max 560, ave 360, std-d 86.
          XA+A16
          sales 113, min 16, max 126, ave 54, std-d 19.

> Look at automated web of one our fellow:
> http://www.haukeboe.com

That list IS much more elaborate, noting selling dates
and other criteria as well, what I do not do. My stats
are all manual, I personally look at any finished auction.
Different from Marcus, that allows to note item collections,
splitting several items proportional to their current stat
notation, and adding the fictious single item prices to
the appropriate item row. I do so, because I learned, that
packages often offer a great bargain over singly sold items.
Especially if the package contains little known or badly
described items (i.e. "OM cable set" -- meaning
3 TTL-cords of 2 m -- auctioned at a mere 20 EURO,
where a single properly annouced 2 m cord averages at
23 EURO -- but you all know how to hunt for those
misplaced "gems").
I feel leaving out these package deals cuts offs
the stats inappropriately at the lower end.

Nuff said
Andreas