[OM] Re: ( OM ) Flash at the Olympics - OT - music

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) Flash at the Olympics - OT - music
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:04:28 -0600
We always lose several people to avalanches each winter. There are lots of
snowmobilers and back-country skiers out and many are not prepared for what
they are doing. Many of the skier fatalities though are very experienced and
well prepared people. They are just out there a lot and sometimes are in the
wrong place at the wrong time. The commercial ski areas here do a good job
of avalanche control. I usually go alone in the backcountry so have to be
very careful. I carry an avalung and a beeper but all that does is settle
the estate quicker if you get buried. Skiing the Cook glacier sounds very
interesting. New Zealand surely has some great photo opportunities. /jmac