[OM] Re: Totally OT - Wireless HI-FI connect

Subject: [OM] Re: Totally OT - Wireless HI-FI connect
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:36:05 -0600
A wireless connection between amp and speakers won't be available.  You'll need
to have an amplifier at the speaker.  This is because speakers are horribly
inefficient at converting electrical energy to acoustic energy, and therefore
need a lot of power to produce sound of any volume.   I'm sure your equivalent
of the USA's Federal Communications Commission would frown on you transmitting
tens or hundreds of watts of radio-frequency power across your living room :)

Mark