[OM] old family photo care of the OM list

Subject: [OM] old family photo care of the OM list
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:11:31 -0300
Just to let you all know that the recently aborted OM membership outing to
Gresham, north Norfolk turned up a goldmine for my wife and me.

Graham of geebeephoto.com went scouting out Gresham church yard in search of
my wife's maternal grandfather's gravestone. He was the incumbent at
Gresham Anglican church for many years in the early part of the 20th
century.

Graham did not find the grave but he did come across an old lady who was
once in his Sunday school class. The old lady had a photo of my wife's
maternal grandfather and kindly lent it to Graham for scanning and
uploading.

The photo may be dated circa 1920. My wife has positively identified her
grandfather [1862-1939] from family photos we have here at home, very
possibly her grandmother [1876-1979] and quite possibly her uncle
[1909-1995] as a young man aged ten or eleven. We have sent Graham's URL to
my wife's three brothers in the UK for them to check out the image and to
see if their mother [born 1910 and still as fit as a flee], the Reverend
Briggs' daughter, recognizes her father! We have also sent the URL to my
wife's cousin in Vancouver to see if she can identify her father [my wife's
uncle] as the young man in the photo.

It is not every day that an old never seen before family photo turns up care
of the kindness of a not-having-been-met member of an internet photography
discussion list!

John Hudson
Nova Scotia, Canada

.