[OM] Re: One man's trash is another man's treasure

Subject: [OM] Re: One man's trash is another man's treasure
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:01:24 -0500
I know a repair tech, formerly of Olympus, then C*n*n, who returned to Japan
to start a Leica shop there.  I run into him at our favorite sushi bar
(Sushi Sake in Richardson, if you're ever in north Dallas) every few years.
Says that several months a year he makes a circuit world-wide buying up
everything Leica he can find, then spends the rest of the year in Japan
rebuilding and selling them to collectors.  He says he's becoming quite
wealthy.

> At a local monthly camera show I've spoken to a fellow who has a business
> connection going the other way... he buys mostly Leica and Rollei, stuff,
> and other 'classics' and sends them to a partner in Tokyo for resale. A
very
> nice Japanese gentleman, always wears a suit and tie, unfortunately I
can't
> help but feel that some of those Leica's should have gone to me, even
though
> I couldn't buy them right now...
> --
>
> Jim Brokaw
> OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...
>
> on 8/19/04 10:37 AM, Dean Tyler at dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I read that article and found it found it interesting.  Maybe I should
get
> > into the import/export business?

Looks