[OM] Re: Wireless HI-FI connect

Subject: [OM] Re: Wireless HI-FI connect
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 09:46:17 -0700

>I'm going to lift the carpet around the rooms and run the cables in a
>channel between 2 sets of carpet grippers. .....

Ian, I don't recommend lifting the carpet unless absolutely necessary.
Nor do I recommend running current carrying wires near those nasty
grippers. To be done properly this would entail removing furniture and
re-stretching the whole carpet and this would endanger those wires. Why
not just tuck the wire under the base shoe/trim around the wall and run
under the carpet only at the doorways, under a transition strip if
possible. Another possibility is to run the wires under the house and
drill a small hole into the crawl space along the wall where the
speakers will be placed. Getting the wire into the wall is easy behind
the base shoe trim and can be fished down through the wall from the
speaker cut out hole. I would also cut both wires the same length as the
longest run and coil the excess under the house or somewhere.

mike