[OM] Re: Resistance is futile

Subject: [OM] Re: Resistance is futile
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:40:05 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:

>Must sit on my hands...  Must wait...  N*kon, M*nolta, P*ntax
>and Olympus haven't made their anouncements yet...

All those but Olympus are non-starters if you want to use your Zuikos on
it. That game is strictly Can*n and Oly.

>That new 2OD has one benefit that I'm sure I'll appreciate--it's
>smaller and lighter.  But the viewfinder is smaller and darker.
>I didn't think it could get much worse.

I have found the 300D mirror prism to be perfectly satisfactory, so a
true pentaprism with the same mirror size shouldn't be a big problem.

>Oh, and it still looks EOS UGLY.

That's where they do us a favor (or favour), so we will still be attracted to
our Oly film gear.

Speaking of attractive cameras/lens combos, I now have a beautiful Tamron
35-80/2.8-3.8. It has got to be the best looking non-Zuiko I've ever had on an
OM-4. I guess that should be no surprise, as it is the same length and just a
bit fatter than the 135/2.8 and the same diameter and just a bit shorter than
the 35-105, the 2 Zuikos I think look best on a '4'. The slightly matte finish
is very Oly and it doesn't have that slightly cheesy CU ring of the 35-105.

The only partially assimilated Moose