[OM] Re: Welford Northamptonshire #5

Subject: [OM] Re: Welford Northamptonshire #5
From: "Dean Tyler" <dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:51:12 -0400
Nice photograph Graham.  I read a book this summer called "The Unlikely
Voyage of the Jack de Crow."  The author took a Mirror dinghy from Wales to
the Black Sea.  It was a pretty entertaining book.  Your pictures remind my
of his descriptions of the canals in England.  If you like travel/adventure
books it is worth a read.  What sticks in my mind is when the author tries
to repair his boat at night after a few too many pints and gets attacked by
a swan.  He said it is like being attacked by an archangel.  Being attacked
by swans a few times in life, I love the analogy.

Dean