[OM] Sincere Sympathies for Schnozz

Subject: [OM] Sincere Sympathies for Schnozz
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:56:53 +0000
Oh, Schnozz, so sorry!

Somehow, during nearly a half century of taking picture, I never used any
Ilford film, at least not that I recall.  No particular reason not to.  Long
ago, though, I was quite smitten with Adox KB14 and Panatomic-X.  Pan-X is
dead, much to the regret of nearly everybody who ever used it.  But there's an
imitation (same formula, they claim) of Adox film still available.  And the
Efke stuff, though I'm still experimenting with it, seems promising.

http://www.jandcphotography.com/

Of course, I digress, as usual.  Based on near raves I read here -- some from
you, I'm sure -- a few months ago I bought six 120 rolls of Delta 100 in order
to give it a try.  The first roll produced inconclusive results.  I'm not sure
my development in D-76 was spot-on, so I reserved judgment.  I haven't gotten
around to using the other five rolls yet, but if Ilford is actually going to go
tits-up, I choose not to do so.  What if I decide I really, really like it?
I'd rather not know.  You can't miss something you never had.

So, if it'll make your grief and sorrow any more bearable, I've got five rolls
of 120 Delta 100 in the fridge that I'm willing to contribute to the wake.
(Sorry, no 35mm.)  And I'll be keeping the Bushmills, if you don't mind, since
it might get broken or spilled in transit.  But I'll lift a couple for you in
memory of the dear departed I never really got to know.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --