[OM] Re: om4ti, continuous shutter speeds?

Subject: [OM] Re: om4ti, continuous shutter speeds?
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:14:25 EDT
Cc: roland.ruehl@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 8/25/2004 4:07:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
roland.ruehl@xxxxxxx writes:

> Unfortunately I do not own a 4. But I have always wondered how
> off-the-film measurement (and dynamic speeds) works together with
> multi-spot measurement. Say, for example, you have defined two spots,
> and then during a long exposure, the spots change light differently,
> what happens ? Does the camera simply perform an overall level adjustment ?

When using spot metering in auto mode on the OM-4 the exposure is set before
the shutter is fired, when you make your readings. OTF is center-weighted only.

Does anyone know if the ESP metering on the OM-PC/OM-40 is OTF or determined
before the shutter is fired?

Paul Schings