[OM] Re: Welford Northamptonshire #6

Subject: [OM] Re: Welford Northamptonshire #6
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 01:39:54 -0700
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:23:51 +0100, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The pond-ish area in Regents Park will most likely be the Regents Canal,
> and
> living quarters there I would expect to be narrow-boats, due to the
> width of
> the canal. Of course, it was the width of the canal which determined the
> 'width' of the narrow boat - less than half the width of the canal, to
> permit two-way traffic.

Aaaaah.

> Houseboats can be seen on the Thames - for example at Cheyne Walk in
> Chelsea.

I don't think I saw any on the Thames, but then this was only around the
city, and any place to dock was taken up by large vessels, which were host
to pubs/eateries, etc. I did see lots of boats that had the same form
factor and shape as narrowboats, but were being used for tours on the
river.

--
/S
aim:iddibhai