[OM] Re: Resistance is futile

Subject: [OM] Re: Resistance is futile
From: "Mickey Trageser" <Gad-Zuiks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:27:05 -0400
Radek,
Metering with the Oly lenses on the Can*n (Borg) is done in a number of
ways. The most similar to the Oly is to put the body in aperture prefered
mode, focus and stop down the lens. Observe the shutter speed shown on the
display. It it's acceptable, fire the shutter. You can alternately shoot in
manual mode. Set the shutter speed and adjust the aperture to make the meter
display match the prefered position on the meter. If you can't get the combo
of aperture and shutter speed you wish, you also have the option to set the
ISO if needed. Try to do that on film on a per-shot basis!

There is no OTF-TTL on the DRebel (300D). There is E-TTL which performs a
TTL evaluation of a prefire flash. I set the shutter speed (60) and aperture
(8) as preferred in manual mode. Release the shutter. The preflash fires,
then the the camera fires and the flash is shot at the needed intensity.

Hope this helps.

-Mickey